twitter widget

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Sustainable Career

When i was in 2nd standard i wanted to be the prime minister of India. That was becoz i heard from somewhere that it's the prime minister who owns everything we encounter in our day to day life.
When i came to 5th, i wanted to become a doctor because every time when i said to become prime minister; they laughed and said,"who wants to be prime minister? You should rather be a doctor or an engineer."
When i was in class 7, i came to know about novel prize and the charisma associated with that and i decided to be a scientist.
When i came to 8th, i came to know about IIT and engineering from my school seniors and my elder brother and the money i would be earning after that. Then i wanted to be an engineer.

Recent Happenings


When i was doing B.Tech, saw a glimpse of real world during internship. After reading magazines and lot of articles i decided to go for civil servicesand started preparing for that.
And now i am here doing MBA and focusing on finance as a career for me. You never know
"What life has stored in it for you."
Throughout my academic career of 21 years, i have been continuously going after one aspiration or another just on the basis of the career opportunities and so called WIIFM

What's in it for me

I had never bothered about my interest or in what i was good at. I had never asked the question from me that "Would i be sustainable (most popular word these days in management circle)with the career i was choosing that time". Well, sooner or later I realized the importance of word Sustainability in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment